How to Be a Wife Your Husband Admires
The idea of the trophy wife exists, therefore, because rich and good looking people tend to marry other rich and good looking people, but sexist assumptions, prejudices, and misconceptions lead people to believe that the woman must just be in it for the money. In reality, being a trophy spouse means being an impressive person, and you can achieve this by being attractive (in character, not just physical beauty), being educated and worldly, being successful, being fun and outgoing, and being a role model that any person would be proud to have as a friend, partner, or mentor.
PART 1 - THE RIGHT PARTNER
1. Find hobbies and activities
In order to meet the one, you first have to meet new people, and there's no better time than when you're both participating in a mutually loved activity.
- For example, if you love old movies, wouldn’t it be great to find a partner who shares that interest? And what better place to meet that person than a classic movie theater or film festival.
- If you like hiking, jogging, and being active outdoors, consider joining a running group or outdoor activity club.
- For fans of arts and culture, hit up local museums, art galleries, and the local theater.
- Foodies can have a great time meeting at gourmet cooking classes or restaurant openings.
2. Explore your options at work
The workplace is another popular and common place to meet a romantic partner, but if you’ve been at your job for a while and haven't found anybody, maybe it’s time to start getting involved socially with some of your co-workers. Go for after-work drinks, attend work parties, and get to know some of the people you work with. Even if you don’t find the one among your fellow employees, who knows who your co-workers will introduce you to!
- If it’s available to you, you can always try looking for a new job, especially if you're looking for a partner with a specific job or skillset.
3. Give internet dating a try
There are hundreds of online dating sites out there that cater to people who are looking for very specific partners, and you're bound to find one that can set you up with the kind of person you're seeking. For instance, there are dating websites and apps for people:
- Of various religions and faiths
- In different income brackets
- With certain hobbies or interests
- Who want specific types of relationships
- In different age ranges
- With different educational backgrounds
4. See what the nightlife has to offer
Clubs, bars, and social events are still a top way to meet prospective partners, and you can help increase your odds of finding the right partner by choosing locations where that type of person might go.
- For instance, if you're looking for someone who appreciates the finer things in life, choose upscale clubs and events instead of local pubs and house parties.
PART 2 - GETTING A PROSPECTIVE PARTNER TO NOTICE YOU
The notion of having a trophy wife involves having a partner that you're proud to introduce to friends and family. To be a trophy wife, therefore, you need to be intelligent, know what's going on in the world, and be able to carry on an intellectual conversation about a wide array of topics.Not only that, but you’ll easily attract potential partners if you can hold your own in a conversation, and you can help yourself by:
- Staying on top of current events, read at least one newspaper daily.
- Reading books and materials of all kinds, including fiction and non-fiction, features, history, political discourses, and classic literature.
- Looking up college courses that interest you, finding the reading lists, and borrowing those books from the library to read in your spare time. This is especially helpful if you don’t have the money for a formal education but are still interested in certain degrees.
2. Have your own goals
Being a strong and independent person are always attractive qualities in a prospective partner, which is why you need to have your own dreams and ambitions, and should set and work toward your own goals.Moreover, a prospective partner will find you much more interesting if you have stories to tell and big dreams for yourself. Your goals can involve things like:
- Making a difference in the world
- Starting a business or foundation
- Education and learning
- Taking up certain hobbies
3. Work hard for your own success.
When it comes to so-called trophy wives, more often than not the women involved in the marriage were successful and wealthy before they married their partners. But everybody measures success differently, and setting and achieving goals is a good way to determine your own personal success. Depending on your dreams, success may mean:
- Getting promoted to a certain position
- Landing a dream job with your favorite company
- Getting your own business or foundation off the ground
- Visiting specific countries or landmarks
- Obtaining a degree or diploma
- Having a certain amount of money saved away
4. Be charming, confident, and outgoing.
Being fun, sociable, and easy to get along with will help you find the perfect partner, and it will make your partner even more eager to show you off to friends and family. Practice being charming, confident, personable, and fun to be around.
- Being charming doesn’t come naturally to everyone, but you can practice this by being kind, being a good listener, and don’t be afraid to tell interesting stories about yourself and the things you’ve done.
- For some people, part of the appeal of trophy partners is that they can inspire envy in others, so if you get along with everybody and are charming, successful, and confident, people will be attracted to you.
PART 3 - KEEPING UP APPEARANCES
1. Pamper yourself.
Not only will frequent spa days keep you relaxed, but they’ll also ensure that your body is taken care of. Opt for treatments that involve keeping your hair, skin, and nails groomed and youthful, such as:
- Facial treatments
- Hot oil scalp treatments
2. Take care of your body.
Staying in shape, eating well, exercising, and keeping your body fit will make you healthier, more radiant, and will help keep you younger longer. Taking care of your body can also help attract a prospective romantic partner, and if you’ve already married then it also shows your partner that you care enough about the relationship to stay fit. To do this:
- Exercise at least three days a week
- Eat a balanced diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Drink water whenever you feel thirsty
- Get plenty of rest every night
- Look after yourself when you're sick
3. Dress for success.
Fashion will always be a subjective notion, but by staying on top of current trends and keeping classically fashionable items in your wardrobe, you can dress to kill regardless of whether you're going to work, the gym, or a cocktail party.Not only that, but wearing nice clothes and looking good will attract the attention of others, and this will make you feel good, it will attract a possible romantic partner if you're still looking, and it can make your partner feel good too.
- Wear outfits that are flattering for your shape and colors that complement your skin.
- Read magazines and stay on top of what current fashions are.
- If you want people to notice your body, wear form fitting outfits that still leave plenty to the imagination. Some suggest that showing 40 percent skin is the perfect amount to attract a mate, so try dresses and skirts that stop at the knee or a little above, and clothes that show some of your torso and arms but not too much cleavage.
PART 4 - WORKING HARD AT THE RELATIONSHIPS
1.Help your partner succeed as well.
There can be no such thing as a trophy spouse without the partner in marriage, and part of a healthy marriage means that you support each other and help each other succeed in life, in your careers, and elsewhere. Ways you can help your partner succeed include:
- Being fun and sociable at meetings and parties for his work or friends.
- Complimenting him in front of his friends and colleagues, and always looking nice when you meet them.
2. Enjoy your life together.
Marriage is all about sharing your life with someone you love, and that means doing things, going places, meeting people, and making memories together. While you may both be busy, make time to enjoy your lives, which you can do by:
- Making time for friends and family
- Going traveling and vacationing together
- Having shared hobbies or past-times
- Having romantic date nights
- Getting out and seeing the world (or just your city) together